The Death of a Scanner


Oh look, it's my face. After a good seven years of scanning my face, my scanner has finally given up on life, so these will be the last scans made with a Canon Pixma MP270. Goodbye, sweet prince.

What a great scanner it was. Well, it's time for a new one. I don't know yet if the new scans I make will be noticeably different at all, but it's kinda strange to think that suddenly there's a transition. In the whole time I've being doing this it's been constant. One scanner, and one face that doesn't seem much different from when I started.

I'm excited to try the new scanner though. It's a Canon Pixma MG2550S. Very exciting.


The longer my hair gets, the more of an obstacle it becomes for the scanner, but I suppose the most interesting part of these scans over time, it could be argued, is the hair, since it's the thing that most clearly changes. I remember having really short hair in some of my earliest scans, and I feel like there's a particular youthfulness to that... although of course I was younger. But maybe I'll never have hair that short again.


Strange to thing of these ways I was different, and how they're captured this way, maybe invisibly (in the sense that there are kind of visual reminders I can pinpoint that I don't think would signify anything to anyone else)


Anyway here I am, still.


2 comments:

  1. These scanned self portraits are very interesting and pretty in an artistic sort of way. Good luck with the new scanner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The new scanner is great, but I do miss the old one. It just isn't the same ;____;

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x