Scrapbooking Inspiration (via a Japanese drama)

I've been thinking about scrapbooks and travel journals and itineraries lately because I was thinking about how best to plan stuff for an upcoming holiday, and also how to make that stuff as cute as possible, and it turns out there are endless ways and endless fun stuff you can do in this area.

I was thinking, hmmmm, maybe I should carry around a little notebook and draw things I see and keep diary entries and tape in some tickets and cards and wrappers and things. The truth is that I was inspired by watching the Japanese series "My Husband Won't Fit" (it's a series about a couple's very specific sexual problem - it's quite sad and at times a bit too graphic for me, but it was an interesting watch and I've included two screenshots here from a really cool shot sequence I liked from an early episode), in which our protagonist, Kumiko, diligently keeps beautifully maintained and adorable scrapbooks about things she does with her husband. She sticks ice cream wrappers onto the brown pages and it looks so cool and cute. I was like, "wow... I wanna do that!"


Screenshots from "My Husband Won't Fit".

So I've been looking at a bunch of pictures of people's travel journals and scrapbooks, and something about all of them and their fun, haphazard, collage elements, their scribbly handwriting, and their element of collection when it comes to photos and tickets and brochures makes me really happy.


This one, made by April (Penguins Creative) had so many fun pieces. I like the use of stamps, and cutting out titles and characters from leaflets.


My favourite part of this travel journal by Heidi Swapp is the way she created these fun little circles to write inside. Such a great, creative way to break up a page! And I love her handwriting too.


This journal spread by Katie Licht uses white space and rough edges in such a perfect way, and I love the inclusion of an old photo. It has so much personality and space.


And finally, I thought this spread by Elsie from A Beautiful Mess was beautiful. Such a cute combo of dictionary pages and photobooth pictures with her husband. So simple, so good.

So maybe I can do something fun like this, but for now... I do have a very cute spreadsheet with important info and a table of activities that I'm building. I looked at some "travel itinerary spreadsheet templates" and took some useful elements from them to make my own, and I am now very excited about my spreadsheet. Thank you for understanding and respecting me while I work on my beautiful spreadsheet.

Also, check out this screenshot I took while playing an S Club 7 video recently:


Truly, the most perfect and singular moment of art.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful scrapbooking inspiration. I used to scrapbook a lot as a kid, I should try it again.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x