"It's Done" Scanner Animation Frames


I made a scanner animated video recently called "It's Done", and here are some of my favourite stills from it.

Since my current scanner software has a variety of different settings, I used them to make scans that have a few distinct styles, and so there's this fun slightly changing look going on throughout the video that adds some extra texture and shadow and stuff.


I also used some scrap paper to make a little paper bunny and some stars to move around with me. I really like brown/cream/textured paper lately, and I've been thinking about it a lot. It just has a nice texture to it, really fun and playful feeling when I'm so used to using white printer paper for a lot of things. It feels great to have different types, textures, and colours of paper around - so much choice and tactility! Tissue paper, card, brown packing paper. All my favourites :-)


The three different settings I used here are:

  1. scanning as "photo"
  2. scanning as "document"
  3. scanning as "document" in greyscale
I also used an option that scanned in black and white rather than greyscale, giving a really stark, high contrast, two colour scan rather than the depth of tone you see in the greyscale above (this was my least favourite setting type, hence why I didn't include an illustrative still here, but still interesting).

Hands look really great in greyscale. I love scanning hands. There's such a sense of art to that body part - the one that serves as the delicate and precise primary connection to everything around us. Listen... I like hands.



Anyway, here are the standard photo scans, they look nice and light and like scans. Normal scans.



Next we have the colour "document" scans, which suck all the red from the skin, like so:


I'm gonna call scans like this "vampire scans".




I love them, they look so weird and dark and saturated. Sort of wrong-looking. Vampire scans.


Dark and light and coloured and greyscale scans all smushed together... that's what I like baby!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x