An Ode To Milky Way Magic Stars


When I was little, my favourite chocolate option of all time was the Milky Way Magic Stars. Partly because the shape and size of the individual chocolate stars was the perfect shape and size for a satisfying bite-sized chocolate experience, but also because they were STARS with FACES. Not only that, but they were stars with different personalities, expressed by different faces. There was happy star, baby star, clever star (who wore glasses), and others.

Of course, my favourite was POP STAR.


I would hunt for this dazzlingly cool star as I chomped through every packet. This star was my role model, my inspiration. Everything I wanted to be was represented by this star's star-shaped glasses (and by the way, wouldn't that be like if I wore human-shaped glasses?).

I liked all the stars though. They were quite cutely characterised, and it made the act of plucking each one from the packet that bit more exciting. Quite honestly, the excitement has never worn off, so I'm about to eat a massive bag of them in sheer delight and wonder. It's these things that make life truly worth living, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. They have wiped out a friendly alien species :-( just seen in the shops that the little milky star faces are no more :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're wrong! The packets have lost their face, but the stars visage lives on. We can continue to love vicariously through their distinct personalities. They all remain; the baby, the cool guy, anxious dude, and others.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x