Life & Stuff

Things move so fast and go in strange directions, it seems. I don't think I'll ever really know what to expect beyond a certain point. I've been feeling a little hectic recently, so I thought I'd sit down and write a blog post talking about just how things are and what I'm thinking about at the moment. I picked up some fun new stuff on a late birthday outing with my mum, so I guess this can be a haul post as well. We went shopping. It was pretty fun. I picked up a black top, a stripy dress, and a wine-coloured vest from H&M - some nice new basics, for the most part. I love the delicate look of vests/camisoles but I'm not sure if they can really be "my" thing. I guess we'll see. I think they're fun to wear around the house anyway, if it's warm.


I also picked up some beautiful "thank you" notecards, and a stationery set with some sticky notes and useful clips. Both were found in TK Maxx. I really love these, and in the past few years I've really enjoyed writing and sending cards, so it's nice to have some card sets to hand.


I have a lot of routines and some interesting plans at the moment. I work on blog posts and videos generally on a daily basis to work with my schedule (daily blog posts and bi-weekly videos). I also work on drawings or paintings on most days, as I need to make as many as possible for all my social media accounts as well as my blog. So all of that creates a nice routine and schedule which I can fit other mini projects and media consumption around.

Speaking of media consumption, I've been watching Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on Netflix (the US one featuring Elijah Wood) and I love it a lot. It has the perfect kind of humour, and really compelling story elements and characters. I'm also finally watching the second season of Stranger Things, and from what I've seen so far, it looks like they've done better with crafting it to fit across a season. It feels more dense and real to me than the first season did.

One goal (or two goals?) is to get through these shows, but I'm taking my time to relax and enjoy them. I'm thinking about reading some more history books in the future (maybe some about the real life Mulan, since I've always wanted to learn more about her), and I've been playing a bit more Stardew Valley recently. I want to play that more heavily and get a bunch of things done - make everyone like me, have a second child, finish fixing the community centre, etc. After I've worked on that, I want to play Oblivion to storyline completion, and then get on with my quest to play all the Final Fantasy games (as I detailed in yesterday's post).


I also have some miscellaneous project ideas that I want to talk about a bit. I'm thinking about making another digital zine (I currently only have one - DELIGHT). For this one I'd like to go for a more narrative approach and maybe make it an illustrated story rather than a diary-like thing like the first one. I want to do something playful, but fairly straightforward, cohesive, and cute.

Another thing I want to do is to use some of my journals in a more experimental way for a while, and perhaps go back to a sort of art school sensibility with them - exploring textures, different methods, and pushing myself into new areas with a record of my studies, annotations, ideas, and progress.

Also, I have a big plan to eat more cheesecakes! That's what's most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x