Bedrooms & Belongings

I've been accumulating some things recently - new dresses, some paper, a weird dog bust (you'll have to imagine it, because I haven't taken any pictures of it yet) - and it's been making me think about my room a bit more. I always really like re-arranging things, tidying things, organising things, etc, and thinking about where all my things are in general. I find I can always move things a little bit to create a nicer or more convenient space. It always feels nice, too. Like giving yourself a fresh space. A nice change.


I find our overall relationships with all the things we have is super interesting. At times I've felt overwhelmed and annoyed by things I've owned, at other times I've felt freedom through getting rid of a lot of things in my possession, and right now I feel a particular contentedness and attachment to all of my things.


I feel like every strange, silly, or sweet item I have right now belongs with me. Take this dog toy, for instance, that I got recently. I have a moderate collection of cuddly toys of various sizes already, but each of them genuinely makes me feel warm and happy. It's the same with this dog. Its face and its pleasant lumpiness provide a unique kind of happiness whenever I look at it or touch it. It's beautiful.

I think I've come around in an interesting way from having a bunch of things without much thought, to then feeling liberated in a way by decluttering lots of stuff, to then feeling genuine excitement and joy with the new things I get. There's an appreciation and understanding that wasn't really there before - and a consciousness about everything. Everything is here because it belongs.

Mostly, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x