An Ode To Fairy Lights

Fairy lights are such a simple home decoration that can bring so much warmth and pleasantness to your surroundings, but I also have grown to love them on another level thanks to YouTube friends making joke after joke about them as a staple of video backgrounds. Are you even a YouTuber until you have six sets of fairy lights upon your person? As soon as you are not within three metres distance of some fairy lights you actually cease to be a YouTuber according to UK law.


I keep using them as a prop for pictures and things. They're irresistible now. How did I live without fairy lights? Who was I before? A mere unlit shadow of myself. It doesn't help that I don't have a very well lit room, so often it's really useful to use fairy lights to make up for the chasm of darkness I realistically operate in about 72% of the time. And really, adding fairy lights to an outfit can only make it better.


Speaking of outfits though, here I am wearing a perfectly cut black top (from New Look) and my velvet pleated skirt (from Tesco). Whilst there's something about recovering from all that cold weather that makes me want to wear a cute, fitted or slightly loose top that's pretty much the opposite of the bulky coat I've been cocooned in all winter, there's also my unending desire to wear really long  skirts. I'm a relatively short person, so long skirts are a little bit of a challenge for me. It's too easy for my proportions to look a bit weird in them, but this skirt sits relatively high so if I wear it with a short top it works really well.

Please take me to an empty school hall and dance gingerly with me to Africa by Toto (and before you ask, yes, I'll be wearing fairy lights while we dance).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x