Tayasui Sketches: Drawing App Review

I really wanted to try and draw digitally more this year, as it's something that I've found confusing and uncomfortable in the past. Luckily, I managed to find an amazing drawing app called Tayasui Sketches at the beginning of 2018, and I'm really happy I did, so I decided to give it a little review here.


The app is really well-designed, with everything looking clean and fresh. The user interface is pretty friendly and simple, and everything feels so fluid and easy to control. There are a range of different brushes which offer a lot of texture possibilities, as well as options to change brush size, opacity, and colour.

I really like the pencil and crayon-like textures, but there are also lovely watercolour and airbrush options.


The way the app displays your drawings is also super nice. It looks and feels like a perfect combination of a sketchbook and portfolio. Your drawings are automatically saved every so often as you're drawing, and you can easily copy a drawing if you're not sure if you want to declare it finished yet, or if you want to save a picture of your work in progress.


There is a strong undo/redo function that comes in really handy - the only problem though is that sometimes when your drawing is automatically saved it means you can no longer undo anything from before that point. This usually isn't a big problem, but it's the first thing I'd suggest improving upon.


Overall I'm so pleased with this app. It's so smooth and pleasant to use, it provides lots of options, and ultimately I really enjoy drawing with it. It has really made it possible for me to feel more comfortable with digital drawing than I ever have before, so I would strongly recommend it to anyone who also feels a little overwhelmed by methods of making digital art.


Find Tayasui Sketches here for iOS and Android.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x