More Yellow Friends


I've got some more bunnies looking a little like warm lightbulbs in a dim room at night, but also this face:


Something about that face is extremely relatable. It's wrapped in disjointed darkness, possible anxiety, or maybe a bin liner. The tentative grimace says it all.


I'm once again enjoying the earthy, streetlight look of the yellow/black/brown combination, and I love the odd sense of light and shadow going on with the cat in the picture above - the slight lack of line work gives it a really interesting depth. It reminds me a bit of the kind of gravity some of Lottie Pencheon's more textural, painterly work has. I might try doing some stuff with a more painterly approach, because most of the time I do very line-based stuff and it's always nice to go towards the shadows and do something different.


2 comments:

  1. Your paintings is really nice and cute, specially the bunnies ♥

    Xoxo, Meowgical Girl
    www.meowgicalgirl.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x