Paint is Evil


Here are some recent paintings. The above is my favourite. Just two people. There they are.

I decided to do some rough paintings recently just to relax but also to feel like I was "creating something" without putting much thought into it. Just feeling the paint move around and make rough, dry marks and kinda get everywhere. As soon as I've painted some nonsense in a day I start to feel like I'm a real person and I did something. After that I can eat noodles and browse Amazon for hair clips with skulls on them for 45 minutes.

One thing I always notice is that if I haven't painted much in a while I'll try to move slowly for more control. It takes a little while to loosen up and remind myself that big, quick, sweeping movements work better for me most of the time. I gotta work with the chaotic movement of paint. The paint knows what it wants.
The paint wants to be evil, and I'm gonna let it.

 

2 comments:

  1. i only read a couple of your posts bc i just found your blog - but girl,you have so much personality,and your writing style is very interesting,i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and I really hope you keep uploading. Thank you for being awesome (unfortunately no skeleton limericks here). I wish you well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x