Delicious Journal •´¯♡*

Yum yum. More journal pages. Please eat them and feel good. The journal had water spilled on it recently, but made a miraculous recovery.

A pencil drawing of a dog and a cat reaching out towards each other in the dark void of a black starry sky.

This (↑) is probably my favourite page. Two glorious little creatures, floating in the sky. I just like their shapes a lot. Last week I watched 2010: The Year we Made Contact, the sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey, and that film really matches the first in many cases in terms of visuals. It's different, but I really liked it. I love all the tech forms, blinking buttons, etc. Just thinking about space. Made me wanna be some kind of engineer. But I never will be!

A pencil drawing of three dogs sitting on and around a hill, across from a Japan Airlines air ticket on the opposite page.

Here we have Cinnamoroll, that dear little dog, expertly sitting on my boarding pass. Thanks, dog. My favourite detail of this spread is that hand reaching up from somewhere unseen to almost touch the topmost dog's nose. That's me, spiritually.

Several pencil drawings of Hello Kitty. Text reads, "she's here for us".

This one is obviously a celebration of Hello Kitty, but the horse is really important. It would be nothing without the horse.

Pencil drawing of a girl holding a banana. Text reads, "every spot is a blessing".

Banana drawing. No explanation needed. I love the brown spots forever.

A pencil drawing of Barbie and the Nutcracker from Barbie in the Nutcracker.

I drew this during my Barbie in the Nutcracker (2001) video research. Beautiful couple. Barbie and her sweet nut.

Pencil drawings of Jonathan Richman and a girl hugging him, with a small diary entry that reads, "I saw Jonathan Richman last night!!! Best ever. Just a joyful time. Also hummus dinner."

In March I had the absolute pleasure of seeing Jonathan Richman in Brooklyn. He was amazing. He was wonderful. He was perfect. It was such a relaxing show, too - I rested a bag of bread against the stage for most of it.

Two pencil drawings on opposite pages of a double-page spread. Left, a girl. Right, a bunny, pressing on the side of the page. Text next to the bunny reads, "let me in."

The Spongebob here is really accurate.

A snake is emerging from a boot. A small person holding onto the boot watches.

Snake in my boot. This just came straight from the dome. Sometimes you're thinking about snakes in boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x