FLOATING INSIDE A BEAUTIFUL DREAM


This is a post of some of my most recent paintings and drawings. I have enjoyed focusing on painting these pages as a background for pen drawings added later. I've found that working in layers like this is really fun and encourages wild spontaneity and pleasing texture from the paint as well as fluid, expressive lines from the pen. The notebook sketches at the bottom were done whilst I was a little nervous. The characters and the scribbly pen movements help to focus me, calm me, and pour my negative energy into both creating something and reassuring myself.







A small drawing of a girl with glasses. Written text above this character says "mothcub".

Listening to: One Direction - One Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x