Gloves & Boots


These are drawings I've made during the past week. I've been experimenting with layering clothes over the basic person shape, rather than constructing the entire clothed figure as the base drawing. It's made me consider more carefully the shapes that the clothes themselves make as separate objects I've also really enjoyed giving my characters more defined hands and feet by adding gloves and boots. The two layers of paint and pen work well together because the base painting lets me construct an effortless shape with lovely texture and colour, whilst the layer of pen on top lets me add precision and definition to the characters and their personalities.







A small drawing of a girl with glasses. Written text above this character says "mothcub".

Listening to: Nina Simone - Feeling Good

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x