Inspiration: Faig Ahmed's Warped Carpets


I saw a photoset collection of some of these bizarre carpets floating around on Tumblr and they caught my eye because of my general interest in all things distorted, stretched, glitched, and pixelated. I like the ability these pieces have to make your brain go "???". That feeling of seeing something that just isn't quite what it's supposed to be is quite exciting and strange and fun, like you're a little kid discovering something that you didn't know was a thing.

I also really like the aspect of blending the traditional/cultural/historical with modern or alternative shapes/designs/materials. Some of the warped forms are very visually familiar to me as the same kind of warping often happens when moving things on a scanner bed.




Images via Escape Kit. Check out Faig Ahmed's website here for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x