My Journal Can't Defeat Me


A painting of a bunny and a heart on top of green paintstrokes.

I decided on a whim to make some collages recently.

My journal tries to stop me, without knowing that I cannot be stopped. My problem is that glue sticks don't work on it, and neither does tape, really. Tape just tentatively begins to peel off after a while. It's like it has a forcefield against sticky things. But I just brute force it with enough tape and SOME of it will stick. So that's how I win (smiling devil emoji).

Anyway, I had some nice crumply, floral pink paper, so I painted hurried creature shapes all over it with the big brain idea to cut them out later and make little collages with them. It's nice to have a big painted thing to stick in. I feel powerful doing it. "Here this goes," I say, like some kind of muscled He-Man. All artists look like that when they are at home, alone. Trust me.

A collage of white sprinkle shapes on black with a painting of a cat pasted on top, with a star.

It's the hurriedness that was really the best element, I think. It's the best way to paint with a thick brush. Like you have to do it fast, because time is of the essence for some reason. You're robbing a bank with your paintbrush, maybe. I don't know. It's good, is all.

A painting of a bunny surrounded by three flowers and a star on crumpled pink paper.

This bunny is satisfied. I promise.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x