Paintings (they are good)


Two bunnies stand under some six-pointed stars in a watery purple sky.

I've been painting on some small boards, and it feels so strange because I'm such a scrap paper hound, a person for whom the crinkly and cheap paper of the world elicits a unique understanding and pleasure. But you know, sometimes you do other things. Sometimes you paint on little boards. I think the above painting is my favourite so far. I like the extremely watery look. The kind of unfinished texture of it. Also these bunnies are perfect chunky marshmallows.

Two bunnies look up at two hearts, on a background of pure red. Text reads, "that's my love, baby".

This one looks like they're in some kind of red void. Not sure what's going on.

A bunny looks upon a smiling, shining star.

This one turned out really well, probably owing to being the complete opposite of the watery method I applied to the others - I just laid the paint on nice and thick and even here, which felt pretty good - but still, I prefer the watery, messy one. Maybe it's just because I love the dark/reddish purple so much though.

What will I paint next? It could be anything. No, it'll be a bunny, probably. Or a photorealistic still life of a Babybel (genius idea).

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x