Notebooks!!!


In the past week or so I've been keeping lots of messy notes and lists in an all-purpose notebook. I haven't done this in a while because I've been keeping lots of notes online and in documents and drafts, but my sudden switch to the messy paper note-keeping I used to use has surprised me in its efficiency. I switched to digital note-taking largely because I felt really messy with my filled up and scribbly notebooks, but I think the messiness on those pages might've allowed my mind to be a lot less messy. It seems like physical note-taking on paper is a lot more dynamic (for example, it's much easier to draw little pictures and let your thoughts translate onto the page in the exact configuration that's most useful).

Basically, notebooks are the best. I'm sorry for forsaking you, sweet notebooks. To celebrate notebooks and remind myself just how useful they are, I've scanned myself with a couple of old ones that were very helpful (at the one at the top of this post is the primary one I'm using now). Thanks notebooks, ily.




A small drawing of a girl with glasses. Written text above this character says "mothcub".

Listening to: Tim Rose - Morning Dew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x