Bigger


Newspapers as collage material sources always feel especially messy. The print rubs off on your hands or your glue stick, the flimsy paper is easy to accidentally tear, and all the pictures have a weird grain to them that make it look a bit like you've taken a photo of an old CRT screen.

This makes it the perfect material for Tim Farron's face.


There's something especially nice about sticking down newspaper cuttings. I think it's just because the paper's so thin that it adheres nicely to the page. Anyway, I'd quite like to make some more kind of abstract political collages. Just put Jeremy Corbyn's head near an orange. No reason why. Just do it.

I found a nice picture of Depeche Mode, so I had to include that. I love how they're always trying to look a bit moody in some sunglasses. I put them next to some nice fruit as well.


I've been trying to use my new tape, but it's quite fiddly. Still, I like the scrapbook type of look it gives. Further tape tests are required. I'll wrap some of it round my arms to create a new fashion trend.

2 comments:

  1. I love these so much (not so much that bloody ridiculous quote by Putin) such a cool aesthetic!!!
    katie-louu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, I just couldn't stop laughing about that. Why Evening Standard chose to include that quote I really don't know.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x