Scanner Adventures: Dual


These are two different scanner picture sets from different times, and I brought them together by accident of laziness (I meant to post the first set a little while ago but I just didn't feel quite in the mood). I'm glad though, because I think they kind of create a nice whole together, a nice little set of contrasting elements. Two little time periods brought together. And after all, my scans are a whole project together that's all about bringing several different time periods together over several years, so it makes sense naturally.


I always like the colour tones that come out in these, but they also have such a nice depth in black and white, and I guess by combining several of both kinds of scans it can bring the best of those two worlds together.


Sometimes when I switch back and forth between the coloured and uncoloured scans it's because it feels like instantly stripping back or enhancing the feel of the images. I want them all to be simple representations of myself, but at the same time I want to play around with them and add little pieces of personality here and there.


I guess that's the biggest reason that I also scan myself with other elements included, or embellish scans sometimes. It's a sprawling project anyway, so it feels natural to mess around with it and add strange things, warped elements, or additional items.


Besides which, it's just therapeutic and nice to draw on top of them.


I made a little gif this time as well, and that was fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x