Happy Little Blobs


A while ago I made a weird little painted animation, and I've had these scans of the frames sitting on my computer since then, so I thought I'd post them. It's kinda cool to see them all together like this. Maybe they're really better in this form. All huddled together like a little collection of bugs, or a neatly arranged aerial photograph of all the receipts you just took out of your bag.


It's a nice little neatness looking at them all together. You can see how the colours gently fade into each other. It's interesting to look at and think about all the individual frames of an animation. You're really stopping time. But maybe even better is that they're all together on one page like this. Huddled close. Maybe I should have never separated them at all.


I was planning on drawing over them in pencil, but in the end I just decided to leave them blank. Simple paint blobs. Happy little blobs. Sometimes it's good to simply make a blob sacred.


Any kind of little mess can be perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x