WOW HELLO


Here are some strange little paintings. They are coming to haunt you. I think my scanner is scanning them a little darker than before. They're lurking in their own shadows. The darkness is nice in its own way though.


Paint is a glorious little mess as always, and I may have lost 90% of my hand-eye coordination the moment I picked up my paintbrush, but no god or mortal can stop me. You know, like it's good to make these pure and thoughtless things. Find them under pillows or just crumpled and folded in all my drawers, stuffed in the clear plastic folders getting plump from too many paintings.

They're a fun and haphazard kind of nonsense creativity, is my point. And I miss posting them here in all their chaos. Painting feels like a sleepy thing to do right now. Like I can't really think or concentrate when I'm doing it. I can't really focus on my movements too much. It's nice to lean into that feeling and make hazy things. Lazy shapes.


This is my favourite picture though. The little bear on the ground. A small perfect thing. And lumpy, happy surprise. There he is! A little creature! Ain't nothing more blissful.


I guess my thoughts are kinda hazy right now too. Everything feels sleepy and tired. It rained a lot the other day, and it was suddenly cold again. I've been drawing in pencil and enjoying the texture. Something about it feels simple and almost grounding. Maybe I'll write some posts here that are more like stream of consciousness diary entries again in future. I don't need to think to come here and just enjoy the sense of pressing keys and hearing their pleasing tapping sounds.

It's nice to think out loud, and paint out loud, and have vague memories of things come with all those rambly words and muddy shapes.


Here's a little tissue paper boy. My sweet son. I love him the most. Look at him. He's so happy. I love that boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x