Stars


A few messy collages here. I notice I use stars as a motif quite a lot (less than hearts and moons, but still a substantial amount). I think stars are sort of uplifting. Of course, they have all the wonder of the vastness of the universe, given that they're their own celestial bodies far away enough that they are just sparkling dots of light to us. They're also just nice in the way light is all by itself. I use the moon as a symbol of a guardian, a protector, or a guiding force - like a big parent in the sky - and stars are like mini versions of that whole idea. Maybe stars are like your little, shining siblings, gathering around you to say hi. I'm reminded also of the soot sprites from Spirited Away (I haven't watched that film in so long, I definitely need to see it again soon).





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x