Paper People & Plaits


I've drawn a couple of tissue paper friends to accompany me on the scanner bed this time. As you can see, one of them has some stylish striped shorts, and the other has cleverly grabbed some cosy socks to wear. The unfortunate thing about them being made of tissue paper is that they are very easy to accidentally blow across the room.

Two of my favourite things about scans are the way plaits look scanned, and the weird result of blinking mid-scan. You can spot both of those things in this post. I've been plaiting my hair more often lately as it grows (and as it gets increasingly trapped by scarves and coats) and I've remembered how much I love them. I keep trying to do a French plait, but it is so not happening. I don't think I'm ever going to understand how to make my hands do that. Loose three-strand plaits and messy buns will have to do for now. I'm actually starting to wonder if French plaits are a myth. I hope they are.





3 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x