Sylvanian Families: 2 Memories


I'm very excited to announce that I'm working with Sylvanian Families to do some blog posts in connection with their 30th anniversary! I'm not being paid for it, but they have kindly sent over a lovely package of stuff which was absolutely delightful to receive. The package includes two sets of toys (Striped Cat Twins and Chocolate Rabbit Family), a notebook and stickers, their fan club magazine, and some other bits and pieces (like a rabbit ear headband).


One of the things I'm most impressed by here is the little notebook. It's so cute. It has pink motifs on each page and it's almost too beautiful to draw in, but I can't wait to draw in it. The stickers are super great too, some of those will likely be going in my diary.


Since Sylvanian Families are thirty years old this year, I should probably tell you about the two memories I have attached to them.

Memory #1:


When I was eight years old my friend from school, Natsuki (shout out to Hollymount Primary School 1999!), had a birthday party. It was amazing because her mum had put together Japanese food for us and when I got to their house I was given a sparkler. I ate seaweed for the first time and discovered it was the most delicious thing ever. And at some point during the party, Natsuki showed us her substantial Sylvanian Families collection. She had a big dollhouse for them. I was really impressed and totally jealous. It's still one of the best parties I've ever been to. Here's a picture.

Memory #2:


This is a much shorter story, but it means a lot to me. One of my best friends in high school, Joanna, gave me a quite worn out Sylvanian Families hedgehog. We lost touch, but I still have the hedgehog - my memento of her.


Watch out for some more Sylvanian Families posts in the near future, most probably including whatever I end up drawing in the notebook. Right now I have to go and do some of these colouring pages and bounce around with bunny ears.

   (\__/)
  ( ' . '  )
  (_____)0






1 comment:

  1. Wow they are so cute! I've always seen they in toy shops but never gotten one :/

    WonderGoth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x