Journal: Brushstrokes


I really wanted to just collage some stuff, so I painted squiggles pretty much with the intention of cutting them up and rearranging them. As much as I like making collages with stuff from magazines, it's really nice being able to make collages entirely from stuff I've made myself.


These are mostly just brushstrokes because often I just paint those and not much else because it's relaxing. Brushstrokes by themselves as a pure expression. Like a rapid eye movement for the hands, or something.


I'm getting really close to the end of this journal, and sometimes when I'm close to the end of a journal I become more mindless in my excitement to finish it. Each stage of the journaling process is different and they all bleed into each other like time. It's good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x