Anime: Hibike! Euphonium


After seeing lots of pretty gifs and screenshots of Hibike! Euphonium I finally decided to check it out since I was really drawn in by the art style. Both plot-wise and stylistically, it reminds me of K-On! (another anime series with an exclamation mark in the title, no less) as it similarly features a music-focused school club.


Hibike! Euphonium, however, feels a bit faster paced and more dramatic to start with. It still retains much of the wistful, peppy feeling that K-On! has, but feels like it could be going in a slightly more mature direction. This is all just speculation based on the first episode, though.


I really appreciate the skies and scenery in this. The prettiness of everything is a hugely appealing factor for me, and everything feels so neat and precise in terms of detail, colour, movement, etc.


Most of all, this anime has such a sense of character. It feels so careful and gentle, well-timed in its moments of melancholy, and subtly expressive in many aspects.


I'm excited to see how its story unfolds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x