Fuzzy Edges


I know I make far too many comparisons and analogies with these things, but I guess it never stops being fun for me to think about, and this time I'm thinking about the fuzzy edges of all these scans. The way everything fades out into the background and all depth becomes a shadow. It's like life and so many things we understand (or think we do). To a certain extent, I think it's good to go about your life letting those edges stay fuzzy. I mean, it's so easy to overanalyse things or to get yourself stuck somewhere on fringe details that make you miss something more important, or that make you unable to enjoy or focus on something.


I also think it's important to treat our personalities this way, because ultimately don't we all have fuzzy edges? We're so changeable and little things are becoming different on the periphery all the time. Sometimes the most solid and real things about us are also the most clandestine. I don't think I will ever feel that I know myself 100%. Sometimes I don't understand my feelings or thoughts, but that's no problem. The fuzz is okay.


In these scans there are always little differences, but that comforting fuzziness is always here. I am as much the shadows as the clearly lit shapes.


4 comments:

  1. Love this post. It is poetic and beautiful. Thank you for sharing such introspection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing and creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x