Journal: D W A Y N E


I've gotten some good journaling done. A good record of all the most important images from the forefront of my mind (culminating in the unmatched Dwayne Johnson collage below, which came after making some pin drawings - I've included a video of this process at the tail end of this post).


It's been really nice reflecting on transient thoughts with a bit more freedom, and I guess I forgot how much doing so can encourage me to be a more joyful and grateful person, so I'm really thankful for that. It's funny, I wonder if there are a lot of moments I forget about because I don't write about them. Maybe I collect memories inefficiently. Who knows.


I read somewhere recently that historians need people to write about mundane things, because sometimes no one writes about those things and then they get lost in history, and I like that. Every little thing can be so important and meaningful and relevant in unpredictable ways. Everything about our lives is worth something. Most especially all these Dwaynes:



4 comments:

  1. Let's be real: that Dwayne Johnson pin drawings are everything. I loved seeing that process :D

    I used to journal obsessively, writing all of my thoughts and feelings down and now I don't do that anymore. I think it's why I started blogging, though. It's a different way for me to keep track of certain activities in my life. One day I can hopefully look back and be like, oh yeah! I was mostly happy! Or whatever. My journals from middle/high school are mostly sad, though. LOL. I wonder if I should keep a journal of just little thoughts/feelings again. WHO KNOWS. A secret tumblr perhaps? ANYWAY THIS IS RAMBLING. Thanks for sharing your art, it's lovely + yr creativity is inspiring. :)

    / Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, blogging (and actually, posting stuff on Myspace first of all) totally created that kind of journal space for me, and it's such a cool hub of my thoughts from particular times. I avoid journaling when I'm sad for the most part because I don't really want to look back on that kind of stuff, but sometimes you gotta vent. I usually try to do that in a more abstract way, though, which can be really cathartic and good for making me feel better. Glad you liked the Dwaynes!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x