Scanner Adventures: Painting Edition


I have no idea why I've never done this until now, but I finally painted one of my scans and I love the way it turned out. The scan came from this post, "Walking Journals", and I picked one with a slight distortion because I thought that might be fun to paint, and I was curious about how it would look. Funnily enough, I think the distortion kinda allows me to be less precise because I know I don't have to get the proportions exactly right to make it look correct - given that it's not a correctly arranged face in the first place. So it feels quite forgiving to paint an already distorted image.

I also think the use of blue and yellow looks nice, but I guess I always enjoy painting with those colours. I love blue, because even in its vividness it retains some sense of depth and calm.


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x