YUM


A little more miscellany! I've been organising some of my art stuff recently. Old paintings going somewhere, strange things all in their places. I got a new camera, an Instax Mini 9, so I had to make a nice little space for that and its film. I also have come into an abundance of tissue paper, and I'm thinking about doing a lot of little tissue paper paintings soon. They're pretty messy, because the paint goes through, but they're fun and crinkly and weird - and it's always good to be fun and crinkly and weird.


I think Tumblr will be my home for paintings for a while, mostly at least. Now that New Twitter is upon us, it seems best to do strictly 16:9 drawings there, since they're cropped best (or more accurately, since 16:9 images are displayed natively at that ratio, so I don't have to deal with cropping if I use it). So I've adopted the precision of posting only digital drawings there, and there's something interesting and fun about having that limitation. I'm forced to be diligent in a place where I'm usually just wild and whirling around like a sparkler. So the limitations of Twitter (16:9) and Instagram (square), make Tumblr the weird and jumbled space. I guess that sort of captures how Tumblr has always felt, or how it felt in the beginning. This weird little cave of things. Weird and cool things everywhere. Like the lighthouse that used to take you to different websites at random (does anyone my age remember this anymore?). It's still that wonderful little art place to me, so it makes sense and feels good to post paintings, journal pages, and miscellaneous things on there.


For this blog though, I want to do some more diary-like stuff maybe. I haven't posted diary pages here in a while, since I wanted to keep a diary this year and keep it just for myself, but I thought about doing some photo diary posts. I wanna take more photos (and... I have that new instant camera too). Experiments and adventures and scribbly things.


But for now here are bunnies.


(and dogs licking hearts)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x