The Bone


I found this zine unfinished in a folder and thought I'd better finally finish it! I started off with just cut outs from The Beano and The Dandy, but ended up using all sorts of old magazines. This is different from the type of zines I usually make - neat, small , fairly neatly placed drawings and things. The Bone is constructed entirely from old comics and magazines and contains a lot of fun and memories from my childhood mixed in with  crude Kerrang! and NME humour. Playing with bizarre copy and outdated imagery (the phone graphics on the second page are from 2004!) was really fun. I liked taking a collection of of cultural influences - ridiculous headlines and sound bites, comics, adverts, and freebies - and reworking them into something of my own through a process of creative regurgitation.





A small drawing of a girl with glasses. Written text above this character says "mothcub".

Listening to: Big Country - Wonderland

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x