Wreck This Journal (Part 1)


I can't actually remember how long I've had my copy of Wreck This Journal by Keri Smith, but I think it's finally reach a point where it's about as finished as it's ever going to be. My favourite thing about this journal is that it encourages you to be less precious about being creative. This is probably the single biggest problem people struggle with in their attempts to make art, so I think this book is really useful for teaching people that creativity can be messy and stupid and fun.

Mine has been on the go for years, so some pages and drawings are much older than others, but they all work together to create an interesting picture of myself and how I've approached the journal as a project. Since there are A LOT of images, this journal will be split into 3 parts for this blog.
















Part 2 is here & part 3 is here.

6 comments:

  1. Not your average 'Wreck this journal' but I think it's what makes it so nice and creative. Really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so beautiful. I love what you did with your WTJ. I worked on mine for quite a while, then I gave to a friend for the page dedicated to a friend and.. well, I haven't seen it since. Hope to can finish it some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope you get it back. For that page I just handed it to my boyfriend and he set it on fire.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love this! I've always wanted to get one but you've definitely made me consider it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x