Composites


I don't usually mess with my scans too much, but this week I decided to splice them up into composites as companion scans to all the collage-focused things I've been making lately. I've written before about the nuances of scans both with and without colour, and I brought them together in these composites to create a cool, dynamic sense of contrast and cohabitation. 

They look a little bit like glitch art, which I guess is really a type of randomised digital collage. They are also interesting as explorations of the concept of modifying and presenting versions of yourself online, as each image is a compressed amalgamation of myself across a sequence of separate moments. I sort of consider all of my work to be a compressed amalgamation of myself across a sequence of separate moments. Everything I make represents me and is a part of me. My work is holistic. Perhaps my entire being is a compressed amalgamation too.



The original scans:









8 comments:

  1. I love this! Something about it that is hauntingly beautiful... :-)

    http://reflectionofsanity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used scans before in my work and it's so fun to do! The concept behind these is really interesting though, I love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the black and white scans, they're lovely!

    http://eliphi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black and white has such a nice atmosphere I think. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. I love every shot! They are so creative.

    xoxo
    Jessica
    http://vivaciouseventslv.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x