Magazine Collages: Lightning & Sparkle


It's been a little while again since I've made magazine collages, so I missed slicing up pages enough to really want to do it again after picking up a bumper edition of Evening Standard Magazine recently. There are quite a few motifs I notice in my collaging, in particular the textures of hair and lace. Hair is one of my favourite textures, in print or in person. I love hair.


Collaging is such a nice little fantasy land for me. I love picking out all the nicest things to look at and imagine and bundle them together. All the purest smiles and all the coolest colours.


I put Sylvanian Families and berries in this one (above) because I have strong and clear interests, I suppose. I feel like collaging is such a concise organising of my aesthetic interests. I don't usually try to make clever images, just mood boards of things that captivate me, just a little, just gently.


So I end up with all these curves of hair strands and noses and serifs, and patterns of stripes and waves and flowers, and everything is pretty.


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous styles, very cute!

    Love your blog, following on GFC & Bloglovin! Looking forward to seeing the next post! xx

    Glamourtricks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute and inspiring. xx Lita
    http://www.myfancynotebook.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x