Notebook With Legs


Colours and circles and tears, that's me. I feel like the moon goes through me and leaves little bits of light on my blood. There's so much to learn about moons and myths and I wanna know everything. I wanna recognise every plant and every constellation. I wanna know a lot of weird horse facts. But at the same time I wanna spend all that learning time making things. Patterns in still ponds, organised spills, warm thoughts. I wanna rip apart real stuff and fill all the planets with stories that don't make sense. I wanna see imps and insects scatter in people's heads. I wanna run through fuzzy, young perceptions and twist 'em into spirals. I wanna scoop up autumn leaves and write poems on them, about omelettes and bouncy castles.

I made these scanner collages with old bits and pieces and new painted textures, to remind me what I want and what I am. A magic little goblin. An elf with a box of crumpled paper. A dream with a person-shaped wish. A notebook with legs.







2 comments:

  1. "I wanna rip apart real stuff and fill all the planets with stories that don't make sense.
    I wanna scoop up Autumn leave and write poems on them,"

    I love this. What a lovely combination of words you write.

    Rebekah @0910Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x