Yellow, Orange, Red


I did some very lazy painting because I didn't want to consider my lines, I just wanted to put them somewhere faster than I could think. It's nice to let your brain do things without bothering to have conscious thoughts about those things. It's nice to think in the purest, quickest brain thoughts instead of thoughts translated into words.


Red feels like a colour that knows where it's going and what it's doing. I think red is pretty sure of itself and has had a glass of wine. I like it. I'm not really sure why I'm personifying it, but hey, I guess it's pretty fun to give colours personalities.


I made these paintings and I thought "oh, these paintings are so awful and messy" but now I've changed my mind because they've given me a certain feeling that I am enjoying. A reminder once again of the joyful carelessness of making kinda cutely rubbish-y paintings. I love being a little bit rubbish. I excel in it. Let's all be a bit rubbish together (in a happy way).


4 comments:

  1. These are really lovely! I also love these colours <3

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie, you sweet little bunny you! :o)

      Delete
  2. I do 'rubbish' doodles it always ends up being rabbits for some reason

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x