7 Books On My 'To Be Read' List

I have built up quite a big list of books I want to read, so in the hopes of encouraging me to get going and dive into some of these stories, I thought I'd pick out some that I'm most interested in reading soon, so without further ado here are seven books I'm excited to start reading soon-ish!


1. I'll Be Right There - Kyung-Sook Shin


This is, from what I've heard, a tense and emotional novel about loss in the midst of the political revolution in 1980s South Korea. I'm not sure if I'm prepared for the emotional turmoil, but it sounds fascinating.


2. The Visitor - K.A. Applegate


This is the second book in the Animorphs series, and I read the first one last year super quickly and really enjoyed it for all its spooky alien goings on and strange transformation mechanics, so I definitely want to get further into the series.


3. The Phantom of the Opera - Gaston Leroux


I've never seen any version of Phantom, but lord knows I love spooky stuff and I think the mythos and inspiration I'm aware of concerning this book is really interesting. Despite knowing large portions of the plot already, I'd like to start properly with the book.


4. Ground Zero - Kevin J. Anderson


I'm a big fan of The X-Files and have been slowly working my way through all of its many seasons for a while now, but when I discovered that there are books too I knew I had to try reading them. This one was picked arbitrarily as my first one to read, but I'm sure it will be fun finding my way through the book series.


5. The Troubled Man - Henning Mankell


I love Kurt Wallander stories so much, but I have only read one previous Wallander book in the past, so I am ready to read all of Henning Mankell's books immediately. The mystery, the tone - I love the way these books are written. Humorous in all the write places and densely satisfying.


6. Travelling Light - Tove Jansson


Tove Jansson's non-Moomin books have such a strange, visceral quality to them. They're magical but in a very prosaic way, touching all the realities of nature at once and adding something a little bit surreal in too. I have to read more or her books. Travelling Light is a collection of short stories that evoke the "shifting scenes and restlessness of summer".


7. Where There's Smoke...: Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man - William B. Davis


Another X-Files book, because one just wasn't enough. Well, sort of. This is an autobiography detailing the life of Canadian actor William B. Davis, known for playing the mysterious X-Files villain, Cigarette Smoking Man. I enjoy an autobiography once in a while, and I think it's been more or less a year since I read one last, so it's time to read this one.

Which one should be first?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x