Bunny & Orange


I'm really enjoying painting some messy backgrounds lately. Here is one such example, above. I guess I've had a lot of white space in most of my paintings for a long time, and it's nice to do something a bit different. Big, messy backgrounds are lots of fun and they feel pretty cathartic.


I also just feel really loose lately in the way I've been painting. I guess I'm just relaxing. Using lots more watery paint and not caring about colours that much, and letting everything be wobbly or washed out. It just is the way it is, and I like that.


Lots of blobs and dots and different thicknesses of paint, and just generally plenty of messy things. It's been pretty good, and I'm going to carry on now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x