Small Pals


I made a little bunny pal for myself. As you can see the bunny is a big fan of stripes and socks. A pretty stylish bunny. I always draw little people, bunnies, ducks, etc, and I think they are sort of the mascots of all the positivity and curiosity and hope and expressiveness and everything inside me. They make me feel so supported, almost as if they are real people and friends helping me out and encouraging me and being there to remind me of things. A lot of the time I'll draw myself and it's like another me is there to encourage me and tell me that I should go make some toast or put on a jumper or take a nap. I know that drawing is definitely a thing I do to take care of myself and make myself happy and inspired, but it's interesting to think about how that works specifically through characters. I make a cute world of people and animals - a world where all these characters have ideas and emotions. They are all there to support me, like they are everything I need from inside myself. Cute bunnies and bunheads and watchful moons.


2 comments:

  1. What a great post, cute little bunny too. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x