Art Things: Ideas & To-Do List


I really wanna make myself try a lot of things and build up a collection of experiments so I am going to write myself a big, loose list here of things to do, ideas, etc. I've got a bunch of drawings and things on my wall looking at me and reminding me of all the different avenues I can explore and all the different colours and textures and materials I can use, so I think having a display like this is really useful for instigating ideas and actions. Something about just seeing this stuff around me makes me want to make things.

Materials:
  • markers on plastic bags (they glide so nicely)
  • tin foil and tissue collages, and how pens bleed into tissue
  • try some bigger paintings
  • magazines and newspapers
  • tape and rough edges and wonky lines
Shape & Form/Subject:
  • traditional anatomical details
  • attempts at warping and distorting anatomical details
  • visions and magic
  • folding and ripping and sticking
  • bulky pieces, stuff coming out from compositions
I love looking at art experimentation on Pinterest, and particularly at a-level and GCSE art ideas because there are so many cool things there. Lots of focus on expanding your formal knowledge. I really want to try some of the stuff I'm seeing here and I want to go back to basics and try really simple ideas with materials and compositions like I did at college. Things like drawing with sticks and potato prints and forcing myself to use different sizes and materials. Yep!




2 comments:

  1. I love how your always thinking up new ideas of ways to be creative. Your determination is very inspiring! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am super determined forever ;-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x