Diary: BIG WORLD


Okay, I get this feeling a lot, but I feel like this week has been really busy and dense and quick. I feel like I have been suddenly lifted into a calm, quiet, and gently sunny place. I'm not sure what that's about. I guess I've just been a bit absent minded or something. I spend a lot of time working and editing and coming up with ideas and things like that, but I guess I do a lot of that in a bit of a trance.

On Wednesday I watched an extreme weight loss documentary on YouTube whilst working on various things. It's not usually the sort of thing I'd watch, but something about this one felt quite well handled and interesting. For some reason it seemed to help me concentrate on writing, which is weird because obviously I was listening and writing at the same time - not usually a great combo.

From having a pretty constant creative workflow I think it's become more evident to me that so much of creativity is about just producing and steaming ahead with stuff. It's how I learn. I do catch myself sometimes wondering if things I've done are good enough and if I should hold off and make something else instead, but I think a huge part of me making things and putting them online with this proficiency and confidence is that I accept that every drawing/post/video is not going to be my best. I think the openness I have to publishing less polished things is part of what makes me myself, in a creative sense. I love the unfinished, the rambling, the raw. It's every part of my artistic process and being, not just the best bits. I think that makes a bigger world for me.




I also made this drawing as a little representation of my blog. It's me with lots of love emanating from my face! :o) ♥ ♥ ♥

5 comments:

  1. Aww, these are super cute!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog♥

    How about follow each other?
    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
    Take part in my Giveaway♥My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG your drawings are adorable! I love how much personality your art has and that you seem to do what you like most, rather than what people would consider as normal. And hahaha, whenever I have some boring work to do, I run weightloss documentaries in the background. They are strangely calming XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! Yep, it is all about ME, haha. x

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x