Diary: Felt Tips Are Not The Boss Of Me


I am really into drawing stick figures at the moment, apparently. They are very easy to make look sarcastic or gormless, both elements that I end up needing to convey on most diary pages. I've also decided to stop caring if my felt tips leak through my diary pages, because life is too short for this specific kind of acute worry. I am okay with letting things bleed a bit. It seems a bit intrinsically wrong, but I think I ought to try not to let it bother me. Pens and paper thickness shouldn't control me. I control them, and they can shut their faces. Besides, I can always stick paper over the top if there's been a really severe pen bleed.

I have been a bit more colourful this week, which is very pleasing to me. Partly this is because there are some new pens available to me, courtesy of my mum's sudden interest in buying a colouring book (which I have slightly stolen). Colouring books are pretty great. They're a good and fun activity. Although I do tend to get distracted by a need to draw my own stuff instead of just colouring, but there's definitely a place for it. Especially if the picture you're colouring in is of two lady pirates or a bunch of cheeky cats on an island.



2 comments:

  1. I have never kept a diary. I am scared someone might read it. Your drawing is cute

    Nashia | MakeupandBeautyMayhem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't have that problem because I post all my diary pages online. I know what you mean though. There's no way I'd write anything in a diary that I didn't want anyone to see.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x