Wake Up!


I thought of doing a project in which I took a photo of myself every morning right after waking up. I haven't done it because really, the last thing I want to do when I wake up is immediately take a photo of myself, and setting up photos makes me heat up (super uncomfortable), but I still think it's a good idea and I keep thinking about it.

I'm so interested in time lapse projects and in transparency about our appearances (and being proud of your body in its most undone state). People still often tell me I look young for my age, and it's only relatively recently that I've wondered to what degree social expectations and averages about use of make up contributes to the perception of me as oddly young in appearance. I see a lot of teenagers who put on their make up and look like they could be ten years older. If I wore their make up styles maybe people wouldn't think I looked especially young ever again. Who knows?

I don't think it's the whole picture though, really. I'm a relatively small person in stature and proportions compared with a lot of people my age and I have a little, squishy face with faint freckles in summer. Hairstyle makes a difference too.

Maybe I'll do this project after all.

2 comments:

  1. Me too! People always look me as a little girl around middle school (and I'm a college student...) but when they ask my age they're like "WHAT REALLY?". But its fun to see their face when surprised :)

    echinesia03.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It used to really annoy me when I was younger, but now I appreciate the fun of shocking people a little bit.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x