Manga Quest

The Long Hair In The Attic
I've been reading a lot since around August, and I was looking at my Goodreads account the other day and I noticed the goal I'd set myself needed about one book read for every day left in December to be completed. I decided to try reading some short books, but I also figured I could kinda cheat by instead reading manga volumes. I know I can read a few in a day and I don't often read much manga, so it's a great reason to make myself read lots of manga before the year is out! I'm starting out with Junji Ito's horror collection (which the images in this post are taken from), because I loved his most well-known series, Uzumaki, so much (I reviewed the live action film version here). His stories are consistently well paced and enthralling, with just the right amount of weirdness. I'm hoping to read every last bit of his stuff, particularly his Cat Diary and The Lovesick Dead.

Other manga I'm thinking about taking a look at as part of this quest are: Oyasumi Punpun, Blood Diver Ringo and the Fishbowl Man, Nyan Koi!, The Voynich Hotel, and various things included in horror manga lists.

Souichi's Diary of Delights

The Hanging Balloons

9 comments:

  1. I'm a big reader, but never had a Manga book in my hands :)
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are your favourite books? I hope you check out some manga some time, there's so much to sift through!

      Delete
  2. Junji Ito is a gem! He really knows how to show some raw feeling. All his art are such treasure!
    http://littlegrimoire.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ito is just like nothing I've ever read before. So great.

      Delete
  3. At the moment I'm addict to Dostoevsky, but before I readed all that's available in Lv from Game of Trones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read any Dostoevsky before! I'll have to get on that.

      Delete
  4. I didn't liked Him when I had to read it at school, but now it is one of my favorite writer, I really suggest You to red ''The Idiot", ''The brothers Karamazow" or ''Notes from underground"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaa we should start a horror manga reading club!!! As someone who is not a super confident reader I love comics and manga so much as I can actually read them for pleasure, as novels can be a drag sometimes :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm a confident reader, but reading comics is so different. A much more fluid experience a lot of the time. I'm on volume 10 of the Junji Ito horror collection at the moment. 6 more to go!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x