Top 10 Posts ☆ 2014


This year has been an amazing year for my blog! I started posting every single day back in summer, and now, 6 months later, I've got this great big blog full of stuff! There are so many memories, with my diaries and outfits and art experiments all recorded alongside posts about how much I love my cuddly polar bear, etc. There are a bunch of posts I'm fond of from across 2014, but here are ten of my favourite posts to say goodbye to the year with.


1. Items From My Window Sill

I've made heaps of 'scanner adventures' posts across 2014, but this is a solid favourite because I scanned my face against newspaper I was clearing from around my window and it felt kinda sentimental to be sending it off in this way. There's something about these scans I really like. They're just so dreamy and nice. I guess it was kind of a serene change.


2. Wobbly Harry Styles Socks

This post still makes me laugh every time I look at it. Thank you to Primark for bringing these beautiful socks into existence so that I could warp them by putting them on my feet.


3. Film Collages

I love this set of collages so much because I haven't collaged with my own photos much and I love it. It feels quite significant to be collaging with glossy 4x6 photos.


4. Idyllic Escapism

I made lots of magazine collages this year, but this collage set is my favourite. Maybe just because of the dog and the veggies. These pictures have some kind of a relaxing vibe to me.


5. Me & Materials

A scanner post featuring my face scanned against scrap paper. It's simple, but I think that's what makes it stand out.


6. :o)

This is like the Film Collages post, but the combination of scrap paper and little pieces of paintings and my film photos is maybe even more pleasing.


7. Good Time

I like this post because it was very spontaneous and I felt really happy the day I made it. I felt very cute and full of sunlight and ideas and just took a bunch of pictures and posted them. It feels so nice to do that.


8. Protect Badness

A little bit of creative philosophy and a bunch of doodled on screenshots made this a special little post to me. Protecting badness is about looking after your creativity even when it doesn't seem good or cool or whatever.


9. Leftovers

This post is another one with a certain level of spontaneity and contains a nice mix of phone pictures and leftover doodles.


10. Cosy

Along similar lines to Leftovers, this post is really special to me and is the epitome of what I want my blog to be in terms of recording important, nice moments of my life and being celebratory and expressive and cute.



All these posts are not necessarily the most popular, but they're special to me for various reasons. I've had so much fun blogging in so many different ways this year and I hope next year will be a whole new adventure. I hope to do lots more cool things in 2015.

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. way to make phone camera photos look good - shows how much you dont even need a smartphone to take cool pics! also, happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the look of old phone pictures.

      Delete
  2. I love your blog and I hope you have a great year!

    http://bluecoastofdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog!! Happy new year!!

    http://simpleplaintruth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x