Bow Tie Bunny


This beautiful bunny was given to me when I was born, and it's kind of amazing that it's still with me. We are both almost a quarter of a century old. There's not much else that has been with me for such a long time, so I want to celebrate this particular object that has grown up with me.


There are other things. I mean, there's a rattle which looks like a worm, a teddy bear named Nessie after my maternal (or... maternal maternal) great grandmother who died not long after I was born. There's a birth card that details my weight at, and time of, birth. You know, baby stuff. It's interesting to see what items have made it from birth (or near birth) and through your entire life.


The bunny has a worn out label that tells you it's a "Bowtie Bunny" from Boots. It is less soft and fluffy than it would have originally been, but it's still just as lovable with all marks of age. It's been through the washing machine a few times even though it's meant to be sponge clean only. Proof that a lot of us are tougher than we might think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x