Diary: Rose Petals & Blueberry Tea

It's weird what makes you feel better sometimes. Or what doesn't. I focus a lot on filling my life and days and space with nice, uplifting things - cute toys, smells, light, colours, etc. I try to encourage contentedness in every way possible, as best I can. I also let myself feel less pleasant feelings without trying to force them away, because that's important too. 


Sometimes nothing you try to do really does anything and you have to just wait. Sometimes sadness or anger or a dull grump that makes no sense appears and won't go away. Stubborn feelings that you can't distract. It's odd. I've just been thinking about this as I try to keep my immediate environment clean and tidy and pleasant, because I notice it feels very helpful, but also that the little things I use for coping/tackling negative feelings don't work every time. They're pretty erratic sometimes.


On to general diary things, though: I've been drinking quite a few green and fruit teas because now that it's warm a lot of the time I like to have tea that is still okay cold. I kinda, sorta started a new journal. I'd already started it really, but this was an official beginning (because I decorated the cover, and because I said so). I went for a walk in the forest, which was probably the best thing. The forest feels like home, in a way. I think I'm ancestrally linked to mushrooms. That must be it.


Also I've been watching some of the E3 things that have been going on. Nintendo announcements are so fun to watch. I love the look of Happy Home Designer (the new Animal Crossing release), Yo-Kai Watch (a cute monster game), and Yoshi's Woolly World (the knitted style is so appealing). There are some other cool things like The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (where Link gets to wear "lucky loungewear") and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, which combines Mario's world with Paper Mario's world (too many Marios on the dance floor). I love video games.

6 comments:

  1. The rose petals look like big hot air balloons, they look so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, don't they? Imagine if you could float around the sky in a massive rose petal!

      Delete
  2. Your diary is so interesting, I love it. I really like taking walks in the forest as well - or walks anywhere really, they are so de-stressing!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, walks are pretty magical. :-)

      Delete
  3. Taking a flask of hot herbal or fruit tea into the forest for a wander is my perfect Autumn day!

    Kristy x

    www.theballadofmywanderingtoes.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x