Review: Cute Blippo Goodies


Cutesy Japanese and Korean focused shop Blippo have kindly sent me a few goodies in exchange for a blog review, so buckle your blog seatbelts because we are about to take a cute lil' ride through adorable land for a bit. The items I received are:

  1. Rilakkuma Shaped Notepad (in style 3 of 4)
  2. Glico Collon Green Tea Biscuit Rolls
  3. Squishy Panda Charm
  4. Fluffy Pastel Purse

So: a notepad to write down all my evil plans in, a snack for when those evil plans require some more energy, a squishy panda to squeeze when my plans go wrong, and a purse to carry very tiny incriminating documents in. Or hair clips, because those are a necessary part of any sneaky plot. This seems like a very useful selection.


So let's look at each item in a little more detail. First of all, the Korilakkuma notepad. Here is my hand for size reference. This notepad is a nice size for me because I like pretty small ones, but also it's not super tiny. I like the irregular shape of it. However I think my favourite thing about this notepad is that the inside is nice and pink.


Very pretty. I want to stick some flowers in here.


Next up is the fluffy pastel purse. It certainly is fluffy, with a nice soft texture. It's very comforting. I imagine many dogs would want to eat this. Inside it's a nice blue and the pastel fluff colours show through a little. The size of the purse is good too. It's pretty much the same size as the notepad, so it's quite useful as a small but not super small container.


Here's a glimpse of the inside. I like the way the pastel fluff is slightly visible from here.


The third item is the Squishy Panda Charm, which is very simple and cute. Squishy charms are pretty great and again, comforting. I feel like a lot of Blippo's stock is very comforting. I'm comforted by squishy pandas and fluffy things, anyway.


Lastly are these little biscuit sweets. They're matcha/green tea flavoured and come in this neat little box. Matcha flavouring is definitely something I really enjoy about Japanese sweets and desserts. I've tried actual matcha and I don't think I've quite gotten the hang of it (it seems like you have to prepare it quite specifically), but in sweets I really enjoy it.


The crispy biscuit texture and the creamy softness of the matcha filling go together really well and I really liked them. It was hard to stop myself from eating them all in one go. They are really moreish, so watch out for that! Also I was drinking Twinings Salted Caramel green tea as I ate these and I feel like those two tastes are a great combination.


A cool thing I discovered is that the fluffy pastel purse can give Korilakkuma stylish pastel hair, a bit like Haruka Kurebayashi (when her hair isn't at its most extreme brightness, at least). This is a strong look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x