Messy / Bedroom Time Capsule 2013


I found some old black and white film photos from 2013 and lots of them show parts of my bedroom. I guess I was trying to use up the film so just took a bunch of close ups of random things around me, but it's interesting looking at these. It's only a couple of years ago but my bedroom looks so cluttered and claustrophobic.


I still have things stuck everywhere on the walls, but now there's space around my room and everything else is neat and tidy, so the walls full of paintings aren't quite so imposing. It's also interesting to see that I've replaced pretty much everything that was actually on my walls here. There's a lot more random notes and photos and leaflets and posters here, whereas now I have themed areas with clusters of similar paintings and everything is relatively closely organised.


I think the difference between 2013 and 2015 shows how much more focused and confident I am now. Despite the continuation of the decorated walls, I lean a lot more towards minimalism now, and looking at these pictures kinda gives me a headache. I could easily entertain the thought of a Spandau Ballet wall though.


Here's a tour of my bedroom from 2014. It still looks quite like this, but is now that bit neater and with some rearrangement of objects and decoration. Maybe it's time for a 2015 update. In a few years it will be completely blank except for a large statue of Mr Blobby, probably.







4 comments:

  1. This film!! Is!! Gorgeous!! I love finding little unexpected time capsules. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!!! Makes me wanna shoot more black and white, it's just great. The clarity of it! I have an old undeveloped roll of film, but since it's infra red I don't know what developer it needs. I might just send it off for developing with standard C41 and see if it comes back developed or not. I have a vague memory of what is on it, but I definitely don't remember too clearly.

      Delete
  2. Goals. you are just goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying really hard to think of a football joke here, but I can't. Thank you :-) B-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x