Awful Paintings

Sometimes it becomes necessary to do awful paintings. I feel like they live inside me, little terrible imps ready to leap out and make a mess. They need to be exorcised. Or I just get that feeling, that mood a lot that I need to make a disgusting mess, and the efficient and pleasing way to do that is to make paintings and cackle whilst making them like a wild-haired villain. Lightning striking behind me and all that. But really, I'm just having a strong compulsion to make splodgy, drippy, glittery colourful nonsenses. Although let's be honest, that's just my constant personality poking itself through the curtain of professionalism and thoughtfulness that I have obviously expertly drawn around it. That's a joke. Please laugh. Please laugh at my blog.


Anyway, here is some mess that I have dragged into the world via arranging substances together whilst entrusting my aural exposure to Spotify's collection of whatever is new (because now that it's the third month of 2016 I figure I might want to be vaguely aware of 2016 music releases, maybe), and enjoying my favourite drink, hot leaf water.


Please join me in making awful paintings and enjoying life.




2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments, especially if they include limericks about skeletons.
x